So the new year is here and I have made some lofty expectations for myself for 2011 on the basis that this is a whole new DECADE not just a year.
That being said, here is the list for 2011:
- Blog post a week
- Final blog visitor total for 2011 – 5,000+ (approx 2100 in 2010)
Twitter Followership – 1K Completed sometime in August
- Read a book a week
(1/2 – 1/8) – Smashed by Koren Zailckas
(1/9 – 1/15) – Judaism by Charles Foster Kent and Gustav Karpeles
(1/16 – 1-22) – Drive by Daniel Pink
(1/23 – 1-29) – Open Leadership: How Social Technology can transform the way you lead by Charlene Li
(1/30 – 2/5) – After the Fire: A True Story of Friendship and Survival by Robin Gaby Fisher
Book 6: Poke the Box by Seth Godin
Book 7: Bossypants by Tina Fey
Book 8: Gunn’s Golden Rules: Life’s Little Lessons for Making it Work
Book 9: Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
Book 10: Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
Book 11: Soup: A recipe to nourish your team and culture by Jon Gordon
Book 12: Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections on and off the court by John Wooden
Book 13: The Orange Revolution by Adrian Gostick and Chester Elton
Book 14: Laughing and Learning: An alternative to shut up and listen by Peter M Jonas
Book 15: Moneyball by Michael Lewis
Book 16: Leader’s Legacy by Kouzes & Posner
Book 17: DIY U by Anya Kamenetz
Book 18: Leading with the Heart by Mike Krzyzewski
- Travel at least twice with my girlfriend outside of New England and have it NOT be higher education related.
- Get published in a journal (online or press)
– Create a YouTube Channel – Done 1/14/2011 www.youtube.com/JoeGinese
- Redesign this blog and purchase domain for it
- Pay off final credit card debt from previous engagement Done 5/29/2011
- Start a new credit card debt from a new engagement
- Start level 1 of Rosetta Stone Hebrew*sort of hangs on the previous goal
- Start Judiasm conversion process*see above
- Reach 100K miles in my car (low hanging fruit, I’m already at 94K!) -Complete 3/4/2011
- Make it to level 3 of Rosetta Stone Italian
- Learn/teach 10 new recipes with girlfriend from her new cookbook
- Get to level 50 in Call of Duty Black Ops multiplayer (Nerd alert) Complete 3/3/2011
- Complete Burn with Kearns 5 DVD training set
- Lose 10-15 lbs
- Participate and finish 1/2 marathon - Done 6/5/2011
- Participate and finish the WarriorDash Done 8/14/2011
That’s pretty comprehensive so I think I’ll stop there. I post this not as a way to brag or a way to meaninglessly post content today. I post this to not only hold myself accountable to this but I also hope to blog about each one as I accomplish it. This strategy should spur some interesting posts, thoughts, opinions, and actions for both myself and the few of you that read this.
Perhaps this post is an online post-it for myself and really does not contribute to YOU (the reader) but perhaps one of my goals inspires you.
Perhaps this post will leave you to hold me accountable when you see I haven’t posted anything about any of my goals.
Perhaps this post will simply leave you wondering, “What the hell is a WarriorDash and why would anyone do that?!”
In any of those cases, thanks for reading and I hope it leads to an entertaining, enlightening, and inspiring 2011 for you, me, and those around us.
Take care – rock on – go and set 2011 aflame.